5.01.2007

it seemed like the best solution...

I booked a flight to Scotland today.

It was only yesterday that I really considered the idea so, for me, this has been quite a leap. Hell of a deal, though. $560 round trip. That said, no one in Scotland has actually been informed of my intention of coming. I don't actually have any idea how this is going to work. First time traveling overseas alone, too! Should be a (scary) adventure. But i need out of my head, so this is good. Out of the city for a while won't hurt, either.

Saw Jane Doe speak tonight. Pretty moving. She's a hell of a speaker, hell of a woman. Much of it came down to the impossibility to social change re: violence against women until the good men make a stand. Bryn's a renegade.

My head is spin-spin-spinning. anxiety reaching white-noise levels. Trying to breathe through it and remember how much Scotland changed my life the last time i went (5 years ago!). My work is going to hate me for picking up and leaving, but I don't care. I need it, it's time, hallelujah.

1 comment:

EmDubya said...

Woooooo, Rach!